The last house on earth. a bunker, shielded by concrete slabs from a radio active sun, nestled in the tropical forests of Colorado. (It could happen.)
Got some new trees, and wanted to test the limits of my computer to render everything. I now know not to add 1,000 hero-level trees to a scene and expect to do anything.
I'm designing some jewelry upon request from my wife. Well, here you go. Not as good as the real thing, but close enough. Gold single wire with a wire wrapped chrysoprase cabochon.
... I hope she likes it.
Proof of concept for my wife who wants to build something like this. Could work.
Sometimes simple is good. A few clicks and here I am. It was a quick render, even with global illumination, only about 2 minutes, but this time I got bogged down in creating the texture.
Faster, faster, monkey! Faster!
Greyscalegorilla inspired me to try rendering without Global Illumination. Turns out to have a real nice effect without the time cost. This rendered in under 30 minutes for the full, final rendering.
I amped up the ambient occlusion settings to get the tight shadows, but that's really all I did for the calculation side.
Unlike a few of the other renders where I've used some material from standard libraries, everything (except the pillows) was done by me. So, I'm getting faster, and stronger. Now time to get smarter.
Actually, even then I didn't do too badly. This render took under 2 hours to complete.
Kind of a fun, funky office building. One thing I learned through this: Even though the model took a short time to make, the rendering took way too long because of the amount of reflective surfaces.
Next time, the background buildings are going to be grey blobs. That way the render won't take 8 hours. (yeah... 8:34:15)
If it didn't take 8 hours I'd have time to add people and other entourage-y things, but no-o-o.
I need a better plan.
A friend and I play a bunch of table and war games. This idea is based on X-Wing miniatures game rolling, and the fact that I need a lot of them to win.
I used the object buffer to isolate the two front dice that are still moving through the air and added a motion blur in photoshop.
Design of the desk is based on a small desk used over the top a couch. Kind of a neat thing, and pretty handy. I'll probably have to build one in real life.